Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Palin says she might run for high office again

Quotes From the AP, my comments in italics:

WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she wouldn't hesitate to run for the presidency in four years if it's God's will, even though she never thought Campaign 2008 would be "as brutal a ride as it turned out to be."

The US version of the Taliban: Christian fundamentalism. People who validate their behavior outside of themselves and their society via the idea of God. There is NO accountability for actions validated this way. "God told me to" (and its variant, "God's will") remains a terrifying sentence.

"I think the economic collapse had a heckuva lot more to do with the campaign's collapse than me personally," the governor said in an interview broadcast Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show.

She may be ambitious, but she is uneducated. "heckuva?" I'll bet she winked when she said it.

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday. "And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door."

Why not, "like," just walk through the door? Maybe God will be ok with NOT "plowing" through it. The thought of someone like this even running, with a chance, is terrifying.

No comments: